Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Raw Food Challenge Day 4!

On Day 4 and I feel better than ever! Whenever I commute downtown on the GO train/bus, its about 1 hour of sitting time. By the time I arrive at the station, my legs are practically "dead" because most of the blood are diverted somewhere else when you're not active, in my case my digestive system, since I usually eat during the ride. What doesn't help is that there's a flight of stairs that I have to climb after coming down from the GO. Before I started eating all raw, most of the time my legs feel like lead, but right now, I'm practically flying upstairs! I don't know how it happens, but it just did ! :)

So here's what I had today--

Pretty in Pink Pineapple and Beet smoothie- with some kale and collards hidden in there. If I tell you its Pineapple and Strawberry smoothie, you'd probably believe me :)

Raw Hot Chocolate? You betcha. I also added orange extract, which makes it this much more decadent.

Double layer open sandwich-Raw almond butter, bananas, coconut milk yogurt, more bananas, and a generous sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice on sprouted flax bread. Peach slices on the side, also sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice

ooey gooey goodness!

Pad Thai "Noodle" garnished with all the goodies

Chipotle and Basil Pico de gallo (my version has avocados :D). 
These tomatoes are so fresh! Got them from The Delicious Food Show on Sunday and they picked the tomatoes on the morning of the show! They also showed me how to tell if the tomatoes are fresh. You simply rub the tomato with your fingers and smell them (your fingers). It should have a fresh scent. :)

I have so many ideas for what I'm going to make tomorrow! 
So excited!! If only I could do this for a living! 

No comments:

Post a Comment