I baked Lemongrass cookies today! They smelled and tasted great!! A change from the common chocolate chip cookie :D Recipe below.
Ingredients that you'll need (vanilla missing here xP)
Ready to go into the oven (sprinkled with lemongrass)
baking! :D see these babies spreading?
Almost done! Can't wait to eat 'em!!!
By this point my saliva is already dripping.
Still have to let it cool before eating
1 1/4 cups flour (I used spelt plus a gluten free mix)
1/2 cup sugar (I use coconut sugar)
1/2 cup Earth balance
2 heaping tablespoons pureed silken tofu (or soy mayonnaise)
2 teaspoons each lemongrass and ginger powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
- Cream sugar and Earth Balance.
- Add in pureed tofu and vanilla, mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to sugar and Earth balance mixture.
- Stir gently until a dough is formed. -Don't over mix! or you will get hockey pucks :(
- Drop by tablespoon fulls on baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 15min or til golden in preheated 325 degree oven. The larger your cookie, the longer it will take, but make sure you check regularly or the bottom will burn!
- Let cool on tray for about 5-10 min, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea :D