I made raw Coconut Pumpkin pie!
So creamy! I used half Chinese red dates and half regular dates to sweeten it, so it has a nice aroma to it, not just plain sweetness :D Also used pumpkin pie spice to spice it up! The crust is made with hazelnuts and pecans to match the pumpkin. Mmmm...
Pie for breakfast? Yes!
Raw Coconut Pumpkin pie
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 2-3 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin/squash
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (to make your own, combine 4 parts each of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder with 3 parts allspice powder)
- 3/4 cup almond or other nut milk
- 1 tbsp lecithin (use sunflower lecithin for 100% raw)
- For the crust, mix together ground hazelnuts, ground pecans and salt. Add in agave and coconut oil, mix together well. If its still very crumbly, add a bit more agave nectar. Press firmly into a pan lined with saran wrap for easy removal later. Place in fridge.
- For the filling, simply blend everything in a high powered blender until very smooth. Pour onto pie crust and let it set in the fridge overnight.